Frequently Asked Questions
- What is provided in the cabins?
- Each cabin has a fully stocked kitchen; all you need to bring is food. Each cabin also has at least one bedroom and one bathroom. All bed linens and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. Our cabins are very basic; they do not have televisions or phones. Cabins also do not have hair dryers, irons or ironing boards.
- Are the cabins air conditioned?
- Yes, all the cabins have AC.
Cabins 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10, have mini-split wall units. We set them to 75 degrees prior to guests arriving. In 3, 4, 5, 9 & 10 (not 6) the units are located in the loft, along with the remote control. You may turn them as low as 70 to cool the cabin down. If you turn them any lower than 70 degrees, the unit may freeze up and stop working. Leave the ceiling fans on for optimum coverage.
Cabin 2 has a window AC unit installed. Control is on the unit.
Cabins 1, 8 & 8A have central air. For cabin 1, the control is located on the wall post by the fireplace. Cabin 8’s AC control is located by the wall of closets in the living room. Cabin 8A’s AC is controlled by the same dial in 8.
The lower level of cabin 10 does not have AC.
- Does Five Lakes have Wi-Fi?
- No, Five Lakes Resort does NOT have Wi-Fi.
- Are cribs provided?
- Yes, we have pack-n-plays available at no additional fee.
- Does Five Lakes have laundry facilities?
- Yes, we have guest laundry facilities. We have four washers and four dryers. Washers and dryers are $0.75 per load.
- Are there handicap accessible cabins?
- Yes, we do have handicap accessible cabins and cabins with handicap accessible bathrooms.
- Can cabins be rented short term or only for week long stays?
- Most of our guests stay for week long stays but we do rent our cabins short term as well. We have a 3-night minimum from mid-June through the end of August and a 2-night minimum for all other times.
- Can guests have outside visitors for the day?
- Yes, you may have visitors for the day. There is a daily visitors fee of $25.00 per adult and $15.00 per child. This visitors fee applies to guests who come and stay for longer than one hour. Please let the office know of your guests.
- Can we bring our own boat?
- No, only watercraft provided by the resort is allowed on the lake. We do not allow gas motors on Lake Five as we want to preserve the lake the best we can. We also do not allow other personal watercraft as we want to prevent invasive species from entering the lake. You can bring your own boats and launch them on Lake Six. Five Lakes Resort owns part of the land on Lake Six where you may store your boat overnight. We also do not allow any outside water toys like lily pads or water mats on the lake.
- Can we bring 4-wheelers or ATVs to the resort?
- No, we do not allow 4-wheelers or ATVs at the resort. The trails around the lake are for hiking or mountain bikes only.
- Are RV hook-ups available?
- No, we do not have RV hook-ups, nor do we have a great place to park RVs; please leave them at home!
- What linens are provided?
- Bed linens and bathroom towels are provided; please bring your own beach towel. We also provide kitchen dishtowels.
- Are pets welcome?
- No, we do not allow pets in our cabins or on property. We can recommend some great kennels in the area.
- Are the cabins smoke-free?
- Yes, all of our cabins are smoke-free.
- Which airlines fly into Fargo?
- Many guests fly into both the Minneapolis-St. Paul and Fargo airports. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, United Express and Delta Airlines fly into Hector International Airport in Fargo, ND.
- How do I get from the Fargo airport to Five Lakes?
- Please contact the office for a list of recommended car services.
- Is there a grocery store nearby?
- Yes, in Vergas, approx. six miles away, there is a small grocery store and in Detroit Lakes, approx. 20 miles away, there are several grocery stores and a Wal-Mart.