Employment Opportunities at Five Lakes Resort
Fair Hills and Five Lakes Resort employs a seasonal staff of about 150 people cumulatively to help run both facilities from May-October.
We hire 25-30 international students each summer. International students must have a J-1 Visa and apply through an agency to be accepted as an employee.
- Hiring is done on a rolling basis as applications come in.
- Send in your application ASAP for a better chance of getting your first job choice.
- Applications are accepted beginning October 2020 to July 2021.
- Apply online – Click Here
- Paper applications should be sent to Tanner’s attention.
Mail to: PO Box 6, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Email to: email@example.com
Each employee plays an essential role at the resort. Each department works together to create a memorable experience for our guests. On average, each employee works about 35-40 hours per week. Schedules vary based on the nature of resort business. We serve our guests in some capacity from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. each day. This requires flexibility among our staff. Our staff work hard and sometimes schedules can change with little to no warning. To maintain our strong family atmosphere, our staff is expected to maintain a professional appearance. We reserve the right to limit any additional adornments (removal of piercings, covering tattoos, etc). Our employees have a lot of fun, as they work with an energetic staff of over 100 people. Our employees provide a wonderful service to many people: Making their vacation and relaxation time very pleasurable and memorable. Best of all, they work at a vacation destination resort on a beautiful lake in Minnesota.
Compensation and Activity Money:
A few employees will be paid a monthly salary; this will be discussed with them individually. The majority of employees, however, will be paid a base wage of $10.08 per hour. The amount of your wage will depend upon your job and your relevant experience; returning employees may qualify for a pay increase. If the resort decides to extend an offer to you for summer employment, your contract will specify your rate of pay.
Bonus: A bonus of up to $1.00 for every hour worked will be paid in December to all eligible employees, provided that they meet certain conditions, e.g., staying through their contract date, satisfactory work, etc. The bonus does not apply to short-term employees (less than six weeks or less than 300 hours), Wildflower employees (people working in ground maintenance or the pro shop), or “spring & fall staff”. The bonus is discussed in greater detail in the employee handbook that is sent to everyone we hire.
Contact Tanner at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 218-847-7638 if you have any questions.
- Five Lakes Resort Lawn Crew
- The lawn crew at Five Lakes is responsible for assisting guests, lawn & outdoor maintenance and boat & motor maintenance. Experience with lawn equipment and boats & motors is preferred. Must easily be able to converse with guests and work well with others. The crew works six days a week, approx. 6-7 hours per day. Must be able to work weekends.
- Five Lakes Resort Housekeeping Crew
- Our guests receive a maid service every other day from the housekeeping staff. The housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the 11 units at the resort. Must possess good cleaning skills, work well with others, be willing to help other departments, always be pleasant to our guests, be able to lift heavy objects and must be able to work Saturdays. Housekeepers generally work daily from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Saturday shifts are usually 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Five Lakes Event Staff
- During the season The Barn at Five Lakes Resort hosts numerous events including weddings, dinners and meetings. Our Five Lakes Event Staff caters to these meetings. Responsibilities include event set-up, serving food & beverages, tear down & clean up and support staff. This is a part-time position.