2021 Season – COVID-19 Update
If you can get to us safely, we can vacation you safely!
March 31, 2021
Greetings from the shores of (soon to be ice free) Lake Five!
We know the question on everyone’s mind, what will this summer be like at Five Lakes Resort? While we don’t have guaranteed answers for every detail, we want to share our plans with you so far, while understanding that these plans still can and may change or update.
Summer 2020 taught us a lot. We learned what we can and cannot do safely; what modifications work, how to take the necessary precautions and overall, how to keep everyone safe while still enjoying the traditional Five Lakes experience. One amazing thing about Five Lakes Resort is that it has always been naturally set-up for social distancing! Therefore, we feel confident that we can take what we learned and continue to offer wonderful and safe vacations and events at Five Lakes Resort.
Moving forward, based on the current Minnesota and Department of Health restrictions, considering the current state of the pandemic and future forecasts, we are moving forward with plans and contingency plans for all aspects of our services. Bottom line however, so long as restrictions are no worse than last year, we will operate nearly normally!
Five Lakes Vacations
A vacation at Five Lakes will, as always, feel like a true getaway-from-it-all. As ever, our first commitment to our guests and staff is safety and health.
- Length of Stay – There are no restrictions to length of stay, other than the usual 2-night minimum (3 nights over 4th of July dates.)
- Guest Rooms (Cabins) – We will continue with our improved and increased cleaning protocols. EPA-approved disinfectants will be used on all surfaces.
- Maid Service – We will continue to offer maid service every 3rd day for week long stays. Your cabin will be stocked with additional items (towels and linens.) If you need additional items, you can reach out directly to the main office or to the staff on-site. A delivery service of housekeeping items has also been established.
- Amenities – All amenities will be open!
- Playground – the playground will be open. Sanitation stations will be nearby for use.
- Non-Motorized Boats – All non-motorized boats will be available to use. Can you canoe? There will be sanitation stations on the beach for use on equipment.
- Fishing Boat – Each cabin rental comes with a private battery operated trolling motor and fishing boat. This is your private boat to use at your leisure. They will be sanitized between guests.
- Lake Toys – The water mats will be in the lake!
- Visiting Fair Hills Resort – As a guest of Five Lakes Resort you can still visit our sister resort, Fair Hills Resort on Pelican Lake, and use the amenities complimentary. This resort is a 20 minute drive from Lake Five. The accessible amenities include: 9-hole Executive Par 3 golf course, frisbee golf course, tennis courts, playground, shuffleboard, basketball, sand volleyball, heated outdoor swimming pool, kiddie pool, hot tub and non-motorized boats including sail boats, kayaks, etc. Fair Hills also offers a dining room with meals to purchase, a soda fountain for snacks and our Perch Lounge for lakeside cocktails. You also get a 20% discount off the green fees at Wildflower Golf Course, located across the road from Fair Hills. Fair Hills will modify any activity or service, like dining, to accommodate for occupancy restrictions and spacing. Please visit the Fair Hills website for more information! www.fairhillsresort.com
Events at The Barn at Five Lakes Resort
We look forward to events, like weddings, at The Barn all year long. As large gatherings currently have some of the most restrictions imposed on them by the state and health organizations, we are working to figure out the best way to proceed with all booked events for the 2021 season. We are evaluating current restrictions and brainstorming creative ways to accommodate our guests and events safely but still to the fullest extent possible. Our venue coordinators and our team are dedicated to making sure each event is not only perfect but safe for everyone.
As ever, we will continue to train our staff and improve our protocols to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone. We will be as prepared as possible for a successful and safe summer.
At this time we have not modified our standard cancellation policy which indicates your deposit is refundable, less a $50 fee, if you cancel more than 60 days to your arrival date. We will communicate if that policy changes.
Many of our management staff have already begun to get vaccinated and that will be the norm for our staff team this summer.
We encourage you to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to see you this summer on the shores of Lake Five!
Stay positive and test negative!
Beth & Dan Schupp and the rest of the Fair Hills & Five LakesTeam